If you own a water flosser but you’re not exactly sure how to use it, our Coyle Dentistry team is more than happy to help you! We understand that new, high-tech developments can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, but with our help, you will be able to take advantage of the product and improve your oral health.
To help you properly use a water flosser, our team recommends taking the following steps:
– Step 1: Fill the flosser’s tank with lukewarm water and then put it back onto the base. Don’t forget to secure the lid in place. If you don’t, it might make a mess.
– Step 2: Select the flosser tip you would like to use and secure it on the handle. Then, adjust the pressure level to the level you would like the tool to use.
– Step 3: Lean over the sink and put the tip of the flosser in your mouth.
– Step 4: Turn the unit on and wrap your lips around the wand. This will help prevent splashing.
– Step 5: Start by flossing your back teeth and pause briefly between each tooth. Aim the tip of the flosser above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
– Step 6: When you are done washing each tooth, turn the flosser off and remove the tip. You can remove the tip by pressing the tip eject button.
If you would like to learn more or if you would like to talk to your dentist, Dr. Dennis Coyle, about the best oral hygiene tools for your smile, please feel free to call 973-966-6555 today and talk to a member of our team. We are more than happy to help you!