It’s never too late to begin taking the steps necessary to have a healthy, happy smile that everyone can enjoy. The older we get, the more our teeth age as well, so it is important to show them even more attention and care than you did when you were younger. If you are looking to improve your health care in your twilight years, it is important to remember the following:
– Brush Daily: Brush at least twice a day using soft bristles. If manual brushing is too difficult, use an electric toothbrush.
– Clean Your Dentures: If you have dentures, be sure to remove them and clean them daily.
– Quit Bad Habits: If you smoke, drink heavy alcohol, or chew tobacco, you are at a much higher risk for gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss, and cancer.
– Make Time for your Dentist: Make sure you visit your dentist as directed for a professional cleaning or oral exam.
– Floss Daily: Floss at least once a day using floss or a dentist-approved flossing tool.
– Avoid Hard Snacks: It’s important to avoid hard snacks that can damage your weakened teeth. Hard snacks include hard lollipops, popcorn kernels, or chewing on ice.
Follow these important guidelines, and oral health care in your twilight years can be much more enjoyable. If you have not made time for your dentist at Coyle Dentistry, and would like to make an appointment with Dr. Dennis Coyle, please contact us today. We can be reached at 973-966-6555 or by stopping by our office in Madison, New Jersey. Contact us for a brighter whiter smile today!